TEAM MEMBER - Part Time
Entry Level / Part-time Employment
If you have a passion for pets and are looking for a fun work environment, then come work in our neighborhood!
We are a locally owned franchise operated by pet lovers, who treat customers like neighbors. We value learning and train our teams to be well knowledgeable in pet foods, nutrition and pet care. We take the time to complete our training and relevant tasks so we’re comfortable offering recommendations and answering neighbor questions about our extensive selection of products and great values so neighbors can care for and spoil their pets even more.
As a Team Member, you will get to know visiting pets and their owners by name. You will enjoy providing playful store experiences to remind neighbors just how fun it is to own a pet and you will enjoy hosting adoption events with area rescue groups so adoptable pets can find loving homes.
Values of a Team Member
· Passionate about people and their pets, providing exceptional service at every opportunity during your workday
· Promote the vision and culture of Pet Supplies Plus by genuinely being neighborly, knowledgeable, trustworthy and petcentric
· Demonstrate respect for others and act with integrity
Team Member Responsibilities
· Partner with team leaders to learn PSP standards and daily routines to ensure pet center is adhering to the cleanliness, animal care, cash handling, and safety and security standards established by the Pet Supplies Plus Handbook
· Perform register-related functions assigned by the Team Leader
· Perform proper opening or closing procedures delegated by Team Leaders
· Assist Team Leader in building community partnerships, events and marketing opportunities
· Work well within a proven system and be willing to change when areas for improvement arise
Team Member Qualification
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment, while managing multiple tasks
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent sales and follow-up skills and customer service orientation
• Have reliable transportation to pet center
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays as needed
• To be 16 years or older